//stuff
virtual void setvalue(float value ,float time);
}

class vectorinterpolator :public interpolator
{
//stuff
void setvalue(vector value,float time);
}

//see, because the parameter type is different ,so could not  do virtual right.

Advertisement
From what I've seen, people just do something like this:

class Interpolator{    virtual void setValue( float , float ) = 0;};class vectorInterpolator : public Interpolator{    void setValue( vector, float );};

I decided this after looking at an example from Enginuity's memory manager, as well as a few journals. They all did the above ( Not EXACTLY as above ). I could be right but I could be wrong, I'm not sure.
You can create an empty setvalue(vector, float) function in interpolator.

I believe the standard way to do it is
virtual void setvalue(vector value, float time)=0;

As long as you don't create any "interpolator," but only "vectorinterpolator"
I will have a new derived class
class QuaternionInterpolator : public Interpolator{void setvalue(quaternion value,float time);}

so how to create a abstract interface?/

anybody have a good idea??
Is oo unavailable here?
first tell us what are u trying to make and "interface" what are you trying to keep ur main code seperate from other code. Don' worry about abstract yet, abstract is just an any object, tell me what you want to do and interface for what.
Quote:Original post by busyme
first tell us what are u trying to make and "interface" what are you trying to keep ur main code seperate from other code. Don' worry about abstract yet, abstract is just an any object, tell me what you want to do and interface for what.

I want to seperate concrete interpolator from main code with a interface .
look code:
class interpolator //intereface{//stuffvirtual void setvalue(float value ,float time);//virtual void getvalue(vector value,float time);}class vectorinterpolator :public interpolator{//stuffvoid setvalue(vector value,float time);void getvalue(vector value,float time);}class QuaternionInterpolator : public Interpolator{void setvalue(quaternion value,float time);void getvalue(vector value,float time);}//then I can doupdate(Interpolate* in, float timeDelta){   Interpolate *inter = new VectorInterpolate(...);   vector value1;   quaternion value2;   inter->getvalue(&value1,timeDelta);      Interpolate *inter = new QuaternionInterpolate(...);   inter->getvalue(&value2,timeDelta);   entity.getPosition(value1);   entity.getRotate(value2);   //the the entity will move according to animation key.}

think "template" sounds like this problem is better solved using generic programing instead of "pure" OO.
HardDrop - hard link shell extension."Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - Yeats
Hi,

why use that type of design?

do you want to be able to call

interpolator inter = vectorinterpolator();inter(quaternion, time );

I think you should use something different.

Please say what you want to do (and why you want to do it that whay).
“Always programm as if the person who will be maintaining your program is a violent psychopath that knows where you live”

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement