Problem with lesson 6

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 7 months ago
Hi all! This is my first post here. I'm totally new to openGL and have just got started doing nehe's lessons. It has been a lot of fun and wverything did run great until i got to lesson 6. When I compile and build my project everything seems to works fine (no error messages), but when I execute the program something goes wrong. After I select to start in fullscreen mode or not, the program displays the following error message "Initialization Failed". The same problem occurs when I try to do lesson 7 and onwards. I've searched the forums and on google, but I can't find any solution to my problem. I've installed glaux.dll and also tried the bmp.h and bmp.cpp files, all with the same result. I've got the latest drivers for my Radeon9700. BTW, I'm using Visual C++ 6, which I'm new to as well. I guess that the main problem is me being a newbie and don't knowing how to debugg the program correctly. I'm most thankfull for any help and suggestions how to overcome this problem.
Advertisement
Problem solved! It was just me being a total ***! I didn't include the Data folder in the debug folder, where the lesson.exe was placed. Embarrassing!
Well, now the tutorials are finally up and running again :)
Hi,
For future reference if you run the program from within the VC6 IDE (Ctrl+F5 or from the menus Build -> Execute) you shouldn't need to move the folders. For running it outside of the IDE you'll need to do this however. Or just move the compiled exe from the debug or release folder into the parent/lesson root folder

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement