• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Rydis

Recommendation

This topic is 4776 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I searched around forums and the book section but can't realy decide for myself. I am looking for a book to help me get into 2d and 3d programming. I own the Programing role-playing games with directx. I find it good but would like to try something else. I spent 2 years doing c/c++. I havn't really delved into win32 really much yet, so a book with that would helped. I am leaning towards Directx also. Any help would be great.

Advertisement
If you can't choose a book then read online tutorials on what you want. If you're looking for 2D, I'd strongly suggest some SDL but if you already know DirectX then use that.

Having knowledge in C/C++ is definitly a good thing. However, where do you want to go? You say you want to get into 2D and 3D programming, but why? What all do you want to do? Is this programming going to be a hobby or more of a career path? When you say you want to try something else, what do you mean? A little more info before a recommendation from me [wink]

I wanted to go for a career but school wanted 62k in 10 months. So right now its just a hobby. As for wanted more. I dont like the way the book teaches it. I am looking for another book to try to learn off of. I wanted to go to 2d and 3d cause id liek to try to make my own games eventually.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!