It's been awhile since I've posted any 3D designs I've done... Here's my most recent

Started by
5 comments, last by helix 18 years, 7 months ago
I think this topic should go on this forum, since I'm only a beginner when it comes to 3D design, and this forum is for beginners. =) Anyway, the past work I've posted have been a snowman and a nighttime country road. Here is my most recent picture. It's a sunset on the planet Mars. Tell me what you think. And remember, I'm only a beginner, so I know I'm not awesome. But what do you think? *EDIT* I put up the wrong picture at first. This one actually has textures.
Advertisement
ok, now make a sun and atmosphere.
cool, but I think you need a higher res picture of mars, the texture you're using is a tad blurry IMHO
That big light was supposed to be the sun... <_<

As for the texture, I agree. I just couldn't get my hands on good Mars textures, so I used this one.
I don't mean to discourage you, but I don't think that's is really what this forum was meant for. What I would suggest, is to get a free site (from byethost or freewebs for instance) and put your stuff up on it, then link to it in your sig. It's best if there's a way to comment on shots too. Even if not many people check it out, it's still a good record of your progress, and you won't distract people from noobs who need help.
___________________________________________________David OlsenIf I've helped you, please vote for PigeonGrape!
nice, for a page to upload images, deviantArt might do the trick?
There's a sticky in one of these forums with some great space resources. I typed "mars texture" in google and the first website (THIS ONE) has some great ones including a huge mars texture. It also has the earth, moon, etc. Have at it!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement