• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
IgnisDeus

Opengl Material Values

This topic is 4682 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey there, I'm looking for some simple material values for the OpenGL glMaterialfv function. Here is an example page: http://acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~lscarlat/graphics/SurfMats.html I'm looking for things like skin, cement, concrete, asphalt, glass, and cloth values. But throw up anything you find, I might need it. I tried in OpenGL and got no response, so I'm hoping somebody here will know where to look.

Advertisement
A simple suggestion here: If it's possible for you, write a simple program which will set and change all values for OpenGL's lighting algorithms (ambient, diffuse, specular, specular exponent, etc.) and see the effect each one has. Then, tweak each material until you have a perfect match (or close enough that it doesn't matter), and somehow record the values. If you make the program complex enough, you can actually save them all to a single data file, and be able to access them by name.

Actually, this sounds like a pretty cool project program ^_^

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!