JoGL, Java and openGL - how to add interactivity for singel objects?!

Started by
0 comments, last by Optus 18 years, 7 months ago
Hi there, i'm new to the forums. I just started programming openGl using Jogl. I wonder if th there is any way to make objects "clickable". I havent found any informations on that topic yet on the net and i wonder, if anyone has some tipps for me? Right now i just can think of the possibilty of identifying single vertices though their coordinates. But that leads me straight to my main problem: i have already made a lil application, that builds a lil net out of an datastructure. Now i want to get informations by clicking single node in the visualized 3d-data structures. I am already able to rotate the whole 3d-model, but the translation from the x- and y-mousse-coordinates to the x- and y-coordinates is somewhat not running properly... but that is something i should be able to take care of myself soon. My understanding of openGL gets better everyday. But i dont know any other possibilities then display-lists to "group vertices, quads etc". Thanx to Java, i'm kinda stuck in object orientated programming and modelling... Any Ideas?
Advertisement
Quote:
Thanx to Java, i'm kinda stuck in object orientated programming and modelling...

Do you mean you wouldn't be having these problems with C++?

Since you are new, though, I'd recommend the usual starting point for most OpenGL programmers: Nehe. Specifically, Nehe has a tutorial about picking, which is using the mouse to select an object.
Click

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement