• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ehsan2004

Are there any free libraries that load 3d models with keyframes?

This topic is 4830 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi i and my friends have started to write a game. Now we want to load some models with their keyframes. We have downloaded some sample codes that load the 3ds objects. but as an example lib3ds hasn't a good documentation and other samples don't load keyframes. So are there any good libraries that load the 3d objects with their keyframes? <Edited> -Ehsan- [Edited by - ehsan2004 on August 29, 2005 12:02:37 PM]

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure OGRE can accomplish the keyframe animation, if not, quake3 MD3 files are based on keyframe animation.

http://www.ogre3d.org - OGRE homepage
ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/source/quake3-1.32b-source.zip - Quake3 Source

Cal3D doesn't do the rendering itself, so it's API independant. It just gives you access to all the information you need to render it yourself.

-Shane

Well. I don't need the graphics engine. So it seems that cal3D is useful for me. i downloaded the ogre library. But its a graphics engine and i don't need an engine--since i have enough knowledge about the OpenGL. i'll try cal3D .
-Ehsan-

Take a look at cal3d demo...amazing.

I remember that the great Blender modeler allows to export cal3d animation.

Blender + cal3D can be a good choice because are both Open Source projects.

Another solution, not open source, is to use Milkshape; you can find a tutorial with source code to render a Milkshape animation via GL.
But Blender is probably the best open source modeler out there...(dont try to use it without reading the tutorial!!!)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!