• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Silex

how are you supposed to use scons in windows?

This topic is 4679 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I installed python from python.org, then ran the scons installer. From there though, how are you supposed to use scons? I thought you could just run it from the command line, but its not recognising the scons command... Anyone used scons in windows? Thanks

Advertisement
It needs to be in your path. The Command line uses the $PATH environment variable. To run an exe the command line needs to know where to find the command line.

Cheers
Chris

Yeah, I found it created a "scons" file in C:\Python24\Scripts and added that to the PATH variable from System Properties->Environment Variables.

This didn't help, though. Is there another path I should add?

Quote:
Original post by Silex
Yeah, I found it created a "scons" file in C:\Python24\Scripts and added that to the PATH variable from System Properties->Environment Variables.

What did you add? C:\python24\scripts\scons or C:\python24\scripts? Is the file just named scons or is it scons.py? Windows doesn't really know what to do about a file with no extension, so I doubt it's the latter (most likely Explorer hiding the extension from you...). If it's scons.py, you need to either add .py to the PATHEXT environment variable (same place where you set PATH) or write "scons.py" on the command line.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!