A small question

Started by
4 comments, last by Parrot 18 years, 7 months ago
Hi i'm a newbie to game programming. I have been studying it and gotten some practice to it. But i like to make sports games and remake several that have existed. I want to either remake a popular Baseball game called FPS Baseball 98 or make a new version all together but just as good as the original. My question is wat engines/ programs do u experienced programmers recommend me to use to create a baseball game or edit 1? Also if possible for any sports game...wat to use for them?
Advertisement
I'm not that experienced in programming, but I know that you will have to read up a lot on AI for a sports game, so I think...

I'll let someone with more experience answer your question!
I think most people here will say C++. Really though I think it mostly depends on what you're comfortable with.

What language have you been studying? Whatever it is you're probably already fairly comfortable with it so I'd say go ahead and use it.

On the other hand you might want to try and learn something new. If you're asking for an interesting new language to learn just say so and a few dozen people will post here telling you their oppinions :D
Well if your starting out you can't do much wrong in downloading the latest Visual Studio Express from the MSDN website, which i believe is free (correct me if im wrong) and start learning C++. There are plenty of books out there, most good ones of which have been reviewed here on GDNet.

So get your goodly self over to the beginners section on this site, a link to which is in my sig [down there] and have fun!

ace
I know C++ and have used Visual Basic.net. But i would like to know the best that i can use in order to make the best possible sports games

Like i also have used the program Gamemaker. Is there something like it that can help me design sports games?
If you already know Game Maker, I think that might be the easiest and fastest way to make your game. GML should be more than adequate for making a simple sports game.

On the other hand, your game will probably run a little faster if you use C++.

If you're looking for another authoring system like Game Maker, I've heard good things about Game Editor ( http://www.game-editor.com ) - it's free version is time limited though, but the price for the full version is fairly affordable if you don't care about getting updates.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement