ps3 crushed my spirit

Started by
25 comments, last by maverick20 18 years, 7 months ago
That's why those of us with limited manpower and budgets (pretty much all of us) have to aim for a different target. I sincerely doubt that any small team could produce a Killzone killer, but that doesn't mean we can't make other types of games that are even more fun that don't need the highest standard of graphics. No-one will complain if your Tetris blocks don't have Phong shading [smile].

And as for the PS3, given Sony's track record of being "creative" with their pre-launch console statistics, and their tendency to try and blur the line between what is pre-rendered and real time, I'd wait until you can actually see a demo unit running in a store before trying to estimate how amazing the new console is. Honestly I don't know why the so-called gaming "journalists" get so suckered in by the marketing speak every single time...
Advertisement
U can download a highdef video for KillZone 2 at gamespot.com. heres a link ( i think it'll give u the high def u might have to change some options in the site).
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone2/media.html

I believe they comfirmed that the demo was actually running on the PS3 alpha kit in real time but only at 5 frames per second.They sped up the frame rate for the e3 demo but I dont have a link to the report.
Wow, I just seen the screen shots and they are amazing!
Quote:Original post by Avont29
now, no onw will buy a game that is ps2 or xbox graphics type game :(

Meh, I'm still buying PS1 titles. I'm thinking of getting Parappa the Rapper this week.

shmoove

ouch, anyone see the ps3 previe wof killzone, the graphics, wow, that just makes me want to forget about making games :(

Funny that, those kinds of graphics only make me want to program games even more! I can't wait to make games which look like that! [grin]
ouch, anyone see the ps3 previe wof killzone, the graphics, wow, that just makes me want to forget about making games :(

You know what my favorite game is? Chrono Trigger. Sure it is old, and the graphics are dated. But dang it, it has to be one of the best games ever made. Why? Because it so fun. Heck, I would trade in my entire xbox collection for some of the older games. FF7, Out of this World, Bionic Commando just to name a few. I remember getting no sleep for almost a week when I got Civilization I, and that game is one step above a text based game.

There, rant.done();

I know this is a repost, but it is amazing what 3 people can do.
This is a bit old, but it seems that even some of the developers are nervous as well...
Link
does anyone know how programming on the ps3 will work. will we still need a mod chip, will the company make it easier?
Althought I believe graphics is awesome, what troubles me is that for the average gamer, the game IS GRAPHICS. I mean, in some of the forums I usually spent some time, if a photo of a next gen game doesn't look to have state of the art graphics is simply ignored... I think some gamers are forgetting what gaming is all about...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement