error

Started by
13 comments, last by Error98 18 years, 7 months ago
*** Jolt3D! Log *** OK...Direct3DCreate9() ERROR...Creating D3D Device()
Advertisement
how can i fix that?
that function call returns a value, HRESULT type. Then do a little search in msdn.

Tom#
Beware of the Mighty Hamster!
what?
anyone know how i can fix this?
CreateDevice returns hresult error code ... you need to decode it to get the answer. like this :

(hresult is nothing more then long/int)
hResultGlobal = d3d->CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL,      						    mainWindowHandle, 				   	    D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING |                                   D3DCREATE_DISABLE_DRIVER_MANAGEMENT_EX,					    &d3dpp,	 				    &d3dDevice);if(FAILED(hResultGlobal)){   switch(hResultGlobal)   {     case D3DERR_DEVICELOST: // The device has been lost but cannot be reset at                              // this time. Therefore, rendering is not possible.      {       // do something     }     break;     case D3DERR_INVALIDCALL: // The method call is invalid. For example, a                                    // method's parameter may have an invalid value.      {       // do something     }     break;     case D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE: // This device does not support the queried                                      // technique.      {       // do something     }     break;     case D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY: // Direct3D does not have enough display                                         // memory to perform the operation.      {       // do something     }     break;}

it'll show you what's wrong ... i hope :)
i'm using jolt3d game engine, you want me to copy and paste that into a blank project or with the project im working on
there are so many errors with that in the compiler, dev-C++
If it's an existing, working game engine and you've never had it running, you should check things like your directx version, drivers etc.

And just a couple of little tips: People prefer it if you edit your posts rather than posting twice. Also, a bit more detail in the question is helpful.
___________________________________________________David OlsenIf I've helped you, please vote for PigeonGrape!
i posted that in a blank project, there ae a lot of errors, and it won't run, do i need to incude any include files?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement