Sign in to follow this  
Adam Gleason

where can i find d3d9.h and d3d9.lib

ok i was in the #gamedev and they told me to goto msdn.microsoft.com and downlaod the latest updates and i would be good to go. i did that but it didnt help the issue of not having that file.so after i wrote my program that included d3d9.h it says no such file or directory. where can i download d3d9.h so i can put it in the includes of DevC++. I have tried to goole it in every possible way and found nothing so i thought you guys that allready have this installed could help me out here.

A few things to try:

• Make sure that you are downloading the SDK here.

• Make sure you are including the header with the correct directory. For example use C:\DX90SDK\Include\d3d9.h and not just d3d9.h

Using MSVC++ 6.0 you need to add the DirectX include and lib directories to your program directories from Tools -> Options -> Directories. Best to ensure that they are at the top of the list of included directories.

Then you should just be able to #include "d3d9.h" without having to include it into the project or typing the path into the include statement.

For MSVC++ .NET this is already set up for you when you install the SDK.

For Managed Code......I have nooo idea

Quote:
Original post by UltimaX
A few things to try:

• Make sure that you are downloading the SDK here.

• Make sure you are including the header with the correct directory. For example use C:\DX90SDK\Include\d3d9.h and not just d3d9.h

Better yet, remember this link for the sdk :)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx/sdk/

That will always take you to the latest sdk.

Paul

Quote:
Original post by Adam Gleason
nm that last reply but where can i download a free verson of MSVC++ .net if there is one.

You can download visual studio express (google it, since the links keep changing)
or the commandline version of visual studio, but that version I believe is too hard for you to deal with. Try google for "VCToolkitSetup.exe" if you still wish to try anyway.

Good luck.