Sign in to follow this  
RebornCrosis

waves hello to everone.

Well I just want to say hello to this hole community, Well my name is Chris Ross and I live in coram Newyork. I am new to programming and I just started reading a great book today which is. Deitel C++ how to Program. I think it is a great book I am only on ch. 2 but I learned alot from ch 1. my dream is one day to become a game coder. After I get a my bases down with c++ I plan on making a text based rpg. Well as for right now I made some scripts for cal for my text based game I am going to make one day. I was hoping you guys could tell me what you think of my source code for the ones I made so far. Please dont flame me I am very new to the lang c++ and I was just testing and making this as a thing to see if I understood what i learned so far. ________________________________________________________________________________ // Dodge cal created by Crosis on August 29 2005 #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int baselv; // Player Base level int agi; // Players Agility. int dex; // Players Dexerity. int luck; // Players Luck. int monsterhitpercent; //monster hit percent int dodgepercentage; // This will tell you what percent u have to doge a attack. cout << " Please Enter Players Base level.\n"; cin >> baselv; cout << " Please Enter Players Agility.\n"; cin >> agi; cout << " Please Enter Players Dexerity.\n"; cin >> dex; cout << " Please Enter Players Luck.\n"; cin >> luck; cout << " Please Enter monsterhitpercent.\n"; cin >> monsterhitpercent; dodgepercentage = (baselv + agi + dex + luck)/monsterhitpercent; cout << " dodgepercentage is "<< dodgepercentage << endl; return 0; ________________________________________________________________________________ // level cal created by Crosis on August 29 2005. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int level; //Current lv of player int exp; //Current exp of player int needexp; //Need exp to go up a lv. cout << "please enter your exp.\n"; cin >> exp; cout << "please enter you Base level.\n"; cin >> level; needexp = exp/level; cout << " Needexp is " << needexp << endl; return 0; } ________________________________________________________________________________ Agi cal created by Crosis On August 29 2005. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int Agi; // This is the Agility of the Char int Dex; // This is the Dexerty of the char int HitPercent; // This is the Hit Percetn of the char int Asd; // This is you Char Attack speed. cout << " Please Enter You'r Char Agi.\n"; cin >> Agi; cout << " Please Enter You'r Char Dex.\n"; cin >> Dex; cout << " Please Enter You'r Char HitPercent\n"; cin >> HitPercent; Asd = Agi + Dex + HitPercent; cout << "Asd is" << Asd << endl; return 0; }

Thank you for you'r response. I am glad to see I am off to a good start well I am tired and got school in the moring. night and thanks again for the reply and if I do have problems I will ask tu. :)

I too glimpsed over it and saw nothing; good job :)

Welcome to gamedev.net! You'll find most of the people here to be friendly, supportive, and fair amount of them are very knowledgeable! (even better when they share the knowledge :D)

Kind Regards,
Justin