• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RebornCrosis

waves hello to everone.

This topic is 4825 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well I just want to say hello to this hole community, Well my name is Chris Ross and I live in coram Newyork. I am new to programming and I just started reading a great book today which is. Deitel C++ how to Program. I think it is a great book I am only on ch. 2 but I learned alot from ch 1. my dream is one day to become a game coder. After I get a my bases down with c++ I plan on making a text based rpg. Well as for right now I made some scripts for cal for my text based game I am going to make one day. I was hoping you guys could tell me what you think of my source code for the ones I made so far. Please dont flame me I am very new to the lang c++ and I was just testing and making this as a thing to see if I understood what i learned so far. ________________________________________________________________________________ // Dodge cal created by Crosis on August 29 2005 #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int baselv; // Player Base level int agi; // Players Agility. int dex; // Players Dexerity. int luck; // Players Luck. int monsterhitpercent; //monster hit percent int dodgepercentage; // This will tell you what percent u have to doge a attack. cout << " Please Enter Players Base level.\n"; cin >> baselv; cout << " Please Enter Players Agility.\n"; cin >> agi; cout << " Please Enter Players Dexerity.\n"; cin >> dex; cout << " Please Enter Players Luck.\n"; cin >> luck; cout << " Please Enter monsterhitpercent.\n"; cin >> monsterhitpercent; dodgepercentage = (baselv + agi + dex + luck)/monsterhitpercent; cout << " dodgepercentage is "<< dodgepercentage << endl; return 0; ________________________________________________________________________________ // level cal created by Crosis on August 29 2005. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int level; //Current lv of player int exp; //Current exp of player int needexp; //Need exp to go up a lv. cout << "please enter your exp.\n"; cin >> exp; cout << "please enter you Base level.\n"; cin >> level; needexp = exp/level; cout << " Needexp is " << needexp << endl; return 0; } ________________________________________________________________________________ Agi cal created by Crosis On August 29 2005. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int Agi; // This is the Agility of the Char int Dex; // This is the Dexerty of the char int HitPercent; // This is the Hit Percetn of the char int Asd; // This is you Char Attack speed. cout << " Please Enter You'r Char Agi.\n"; cin >> Agi; cout << " Please Enter You'r Char Dex.\n"; cin >> Dex; cout << " Please Enter You'r Char HitPercent\n"; cin >> HitPercent; Asd = Agi + Dex + HitPercent; cout << "Asd is" << Asd << endl; return 0; }

Advertisement
I took a quick glimpse over it, looks fine to me, I see no glaring problems.
Good luck with it...

~tcrock~

Thank you for you'r response. I am glad to see I am off to a good start well I am tired and got school in the moring. night and thanks again for the reply and if I do have problems I will ask tu. :)

I too glimpsed over it and saw nothing; good job :)

Welcome to gamedev.net! You'll find most of the people here to be friendly, supportive, and fair amount of them are very knowledgeable! (even better when they share the knowledge :D)

Kind Regards,
Justin

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!