Couldnt run dx program in non sdk machine

Started by
6 comments, last by jf_wangfeng 18 years, 7 months ago
Hi everyone. I am facing a problem where i can't run my managed dx program in another machine that does not have the sdk. I have installed the august directx redistribution but it doesn't seems to work. Any solution?
Advertisement
anyone?
have you installed the .net framework?
I had a similiar problem when I sent a sample off for a friend to try. He got the following error.

---------------------------
Ground FX.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
---------------------------
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0xaf0 (2800), Thread id=0xde8 (3560).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

Ground FX.exe being the name of the program :) written in C#.
I didn't have a lot of luck finding a solution but a temp fix was to stick the linked directx dlls into the same directory as the executable itself.
ie Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3d.dll etc

From what i could find it seems to be a security related thing but i could be wrong.
This isn't the best solution but will work till someone smarter than me finds one :)

PS. Both systems XP-Pro SP2 with current Directx.
"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled."
This means that you haven't catched that particular exception. Most exceptions are caused by having an older version .NET or mixing DLLs. You can reproduce the error on Visual Studio .NET just adding a AppDomain.UnhandledException event and take a closer look on the problem.
[ILTUOMONDOFUTURO]
on the computer must be installed .net and managed version of directX that you are using. Just run directX redistribuitable that you find on SDK, it'll install the managed library that you need

http://www.notjustcode.it

DirectX tutorial

It still doesnt work. I install redistribution and i check under dxdiag for the correct dll and it is there. On another pc that has the sdk installed have the same managed dll too but it can run. Do i need to specify whether to use the debug or release run time in my program before compiling or something?
I use c++ ,vc.net,dx9aprsdk and xp to make my application.When i copy my application to another computer( xp,dx9.0_redist ),it did not work. Someone told me to install .netframework on the computer.After i install the .netframework,the application go to work.
You can ask you friend to download a ".netframework".

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement