OpenGL FPS limitations with nvidia?

Started by
6 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 7 months ago
Hello, I've been through a couple of tutorials Nehe set up and decided to quickly throw up a performance counter (using the windows timGetTime() method) in order to compare the FPS on different computers. It seems to work fine on an ATI card I have at work, giving me high FPS (over 950) BUT, on all Nvidia cards we tested, the FPS freeze at 100, whatever complexity I throw in the scene (they eventually decrease when it gets totally insane to render lol) Has anyone heard of an Nvidia FPS limitation for this? I've encountered the problem on both GF 6600 and 6800 GT Any help is more than welcome :)
Advertisement
Disable vsync in your driver settings.

[OpenTK: C# OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenAL 1.1. Now with Linux/KMS support!]

wglSwapIntervalEXT(1); // enable VSynch
wglSwapIntervalEXT(0); // disable VSynch
- Iliak -
[ ArcEngine: An open source .Net gaming framework ]
[ Dungeon Eye: An open source remake of Eye of the Beholder II ]
wOOt, thanks a lot guys, I'll test that as soon as I'm home tonight
You have to be an administrator or power user to access the opengl driver settings. I wasted an hour of my very precious time trying to figure that one out!
Quote:Original post by Fiddler
Disable vsync in your driver settings.

This should be right! In practice I noticed that with some NVIDIA drivers you can, with different drivers you can disable vsync only via software (obviously it's a driver bug)

Well I've just tested and it works perfectly. Thanks a lot for all your help and for answering so quickly \o/
Download nvHardPage SE from www.guru3d.com. It works for me

Ziax

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement