midp opensource x-com project

Started by
10 comments, last by gdroot 18 years, 7 months ago
Hello, I am checking the interest for the development of an opensource clone of the old 'x-com: enemy unknown' game from microprose. It would be written in J2ME/MIDP. This would be a shared project on sourceforge. Anyone interested? / Marcus
Advertisement
OMG ME!
- blew
as in help developing it. Coding and graphics and stuff.
General interest is welcome as well :)
OMG ME!
- blew
Now seriously, I'm a long time UFO: Enemy Unknown fan. One of my favorite games EVER. I still play it. :D

I'm also a game programmer with some experience on J2ME and MIDP technologies, which I use on my job.

I'd love to embrace a project like that. [inlove]
I can help with code and maybe some other stuff, since I have some experience in this area (note: I am no guru [grin]).

Feel free to message me. [wink]
- blew
I never understood what's the selling point of the game. Then again, the non-intuitive interface discouraged me from playing in depth
Action / adventure / strategy / roleplay / management. A gamer's dream.

What do you mean non-intuitive interface? It was just some icons you had to click on to do stuff. If you didn't know what each icon did, you just had to press one and see. ;)

BTW, reading the manual could have helped too. :X
- blew
Ok, ill create a sourceforge project in a few days (im quite swamped at work right now) and let you know! :)
Ok, ill create a sourceforge project in a few days (im quite swamped at work right now) and let you know! :)
GDROOT i maybe interested depending on how serious you are about this. I've a few J2ME games under my belt and its always a game i've fancied doing.

Would like to write an isometric engine for it. Or Hex if the project goes that route.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement