Forum Ratings: What would happen if...?

Started by
64 comments, last by Nemesis2k2 18 years, 7 months ago
... everyone rated every else up? Would the ratings return to what they were before we started. I know that different ratings have varying affects on others. Just curious really. regards, ace
Advertisement
Everyone's ratings would go up?
You can't drop someone's rating by rating them up (at least, not anymore) so everyone's rating would go up.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Ofcourse, i was thinking of it like the "What if everyone in the world gave everyone else a penny?", but that is different, our ratings dont exhaust if we rate someone up.

ace
Quote:Original post by ace_lovegrove
Ofcourse, i was thinking of it like the "What if everyone in the world gave everyone else a penny?", but that is different, our ratings dont exhaust if we rate someone up.

ace

Another forum I frequent had this problem shortly after introducing vBulletin's Reputation system.

It resulted in the system being scrapped, the community in general being deemed too immature to handle it properly, and the staff getting therapy for their loss in faith in man.

Please don't let that happen to the nice people here [depressed]
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
Everybody will start from zero... it will be total chaos.

[Edited by - necreia on August 30, 2005 1:57:57 PM]
Quote:Original post by ace_lovegrove
... everyone rated every else up?

Everyone would get a boost, but it wouldn't be uniform. The last person to get rated up by everyone else would benefit the most. Everyone else will have had elevated ratings by then, so that person would get the biggest boost.
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}
Quote:Original post by necreia
Everybody will start from zero... it will be total chaos.

1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB

lmao. You dont need the second line. I got it after i read the first line., nice one

--------------------------------Dr Cox: "People are ***tard coated ***tards with ***tard filling."
Quote:Original post by Riviera Kid
lmao. You dont need the second line. I got it after i read the first line., nice one

Took it out, yeah you're right... it was unneeded yeah.
<sarcasm>The purpose of this thread is very elusive.</sarcasm>

Looking for a serious game project?
www.xgameproject.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement