Poopa Shooter

Started by
3 comments, last by jezpardon 18 years, 7 months ago
Hi Chaps, I've just posted a new game prototype on my website called Poopa Shooter. It's a very simple eight player shoot-em-up/death match. To add additional players just pop in a joystick/keyboard and re-run the game. The ai will make up the numbers. Download it here...http://www.jeremypardon.com/PoopaShooter/PoopaShooter.zip Please feel free to comment...Enjoy :)
www.JeremyPardon.com
Advertisement
Clicky
EDIT: All right it seems that i've run into a problem:

Error:
MESHDATA::Load
Failed to load data/levels/Arena/Arena.x

I don't even have a directory named "levels" or "Arena". My "Arena.x" file is in the same folder as my game.exe file(The place where i extracted the zip).

2nd EDIT: Seems that none of the files is in the right directory
Hope I was helpful. And thank you if you were!
Hi Samsonite, thanks for your reply. I have just downloaded the .zip from my site and unzipped it. All the folders are in tact. Is it possible that what you used to unzip the file has removed all of the folders? I have just used XP's own zip and unzip.

Has anyone else experienced a similar prob?

Sorry, I should mention that this game is a Windows DirectX 9 game.

Many thanks.
:)
www.JeremyPardon.com
Hey! I finnaly got it working. Turns out i hadn't checked the "keep folders" checkbox in WinZip

And the games great! But you should include somewhere in your readMe file that the point is to eliminate the other teams "ticks"(if thats what it's all about of course)

You should also write alittle sentence besides the team ticks that says: "Red team ticks" "yellow team ticks" etc. And one last thing: Is it possible to change the players name?

Your game is quite entertaining and i found myself playing it for a while

Keep up the good work!
Hope I was helpful. And thank you if you were!
Ha ha, cool. That's good news. Your comments are all good, and shall certainly update the text file. The name change/character select is one thing that would really help the game as it's quite easy to get lost if you can't remember who you are :)

Many thanks for your comments.
www.JeremyPardon.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement