Sign in to follow this  
zike22

Dev-C++ exe??

Yo whats the deal with Dev-C++ not making an .exe file all the time. When I do some programs it makes an .exe but for some others it doesn't. Do I have to configuire it somehow or what??

I believe, and correct if I'm wrong, but you need a main() function for an exe to be made. Also are you using 'compile'? or 'rebuild'?

I've been using "main (void)" and i just set up a regualar allegro app and noticed it's "main()".

But then I went to my program and changed it to "main()", but no such luck with an exe.

Few things to check:
1. You are looking in the correct directory.
2. You have a Win32 Console or Application (i.e. not a library)
3. Hit F9 for "Compile and Run". In order for the program to run, the .EXE has to be made.

Other than that, as long as you are using the latest Dev-Cpp, you should not have a problem, so give those opetions a glancing over.

I use Dev-C++ exclusively for my C-programming work at the moment and have had no problems (aside from my error/typo-ridden work) with compiling and running programs or creating .exe's. As has been suggested, check for the proper directory, the program does like to save things in strange locations within it's root directory rather than your "My Documents" or something along those lines.

Anyway, good luck, since that's about the best advice I can offer without further info.

Vopisk