Sign in to follow this  

Can Torque do Console Programming?

This topic is 4485 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

It's entirely possible that Torque has builds for consoles. (Zealotgi: game consoles typically do not come with game engine middleware such as the Torque engine. That's a different kind of SDK.) However, you won't be able to build or use it without the development libraries for that console; and to get those, you'll need to be a registered developer. Bottom line: Using a premade engine such as Torque is not a secret backdoor into the world of console development.

You can probably port Torque to a console, but it doesnt come build in, from the top of my head, I can say you would have to, at the very least, write a render wrapper, you can do that based on the opengl2d3d.dll driver that comes with it.

It's really only worth the efford if you have a development kit for the console (IE: have a license to develop for said console), which I dont think you do.

Quote:
Original post by Gamedev 2
How would you get into the super secret with no resources world of consoles?

Get a homebrew development kit, such as the PS2 Linux Kit or OpenXDK (modification of your console may be required, which is of gray legality in the USA).

My main recommendation would just be to get better at PC development until you can provide enough of a portfolio to trick somebody with an official kit into letting you play with it.

This topic is 4485 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.