Gang War

Started by
5 comments, last by dgreen02 18 years, 7 months ago
Hey guys, I need some opinions about my RTS/Action hybrid Gang War. I just made a video of the game, and I'd like to see what you guys think about it. It's recorded at 640x480 and at a pretty low framerate...but still, let me know if you like it... My main concern is that the framerate is too low, and that it might do more harm than good, to release a video of this quality...I don't know, please check it out and give me your opinion. The game doesn't run at this framerate...it's just the framerate I recorded the video at..if I put it up around 20-24 frames per second, my computer starts to slow down, I'll try to get a better one later on when I have more free time. This video is recorded at 8 FPS, which doesn't cause any slowdown at all. Also, the sound quality is pretty crappy, it jumbles everything together...it sounds a lot better in the actual game. It's 39 MB, and 3:30 minutes long... Click here to Download GangWarPreview.avi You might need DivX to watch it, you can download if for free here DivX Website - Dan Preview Image: Here's another recent screenshot of the game Higher resolution screenshot 1 Higher resolution screenshot 2
Advertisement
Freaking awesome! The video played great for me, but the sound was kinda staticy. What did you record with? Fraps? Anyways great work, definitly has the quality of a commecrial game, will the demo be publically avaliable anytime soon?
No kidding!! That's farther than almost any of us ever get. Great job! Yeah, I wanna demo too.
L.I.G. == Life Is Good
ive saw this project before, very good work keep it up:)

Cant wait to play the finished version :D
Quote:Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!
It looks as if the video itself gives a fairly good glimpse of the gameplay. Are you sure there is no other way to get a better quality video? Perhaps someone with TV out could record it on a VCR (or DVD recorder) then play it back and record it.

Looks good! Just out of curiosity, how many lines of code is the project at so far? It looks like it must have taken quite a lot of work to get where you are...
Looks great man,
You probably used Fraps to get the video ? Fraps sucks,
Try this one :

http://www.planetgamecam.com/
Thanks for the replys/comments guys, I appreciate it.

Hmmm I'm not sure what fraps is, I used "Camtasia Pro" my latest attempt at finding good video recording software.

I've been trying to find a solid recording soution for a while now, I've tried like 3 different ones. I'll try PlanetGameCam and let you know how it works out.

It's up to my publsiher when the demo can be released...I'm just starting to get the game into beta now...so it could be a while. If I do end up releasing any kind of demo, I'll be sure to post it here.

The project is about 35k lines of code last time I checked.

I'm right in the middle of finishing up the game for the '06 Independent Games Festival beta submission, once I finish that up in the next day or two I'll have a new video.

Thanks again for the comments, I hope I can get a better video soon.

- Dan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement