Panda Exporter

Started by
11 comments, last by SquareDanceSteve 18 years, 7 months ago
Im using max5 with the panda exporter to make my x Files with, but for some strange reason when i export animated mesh's 1 of the limbs is messed up and it flailes around... Does anyone know what causes this or has anyone else experianced this issue? as you can imagine this makes it very hard to animate a mesh
-----------------www.stevemata.com
Advertisement
I have now noticed in the directx meshviewer that the flailing is due to random rescaling. Thats neat, since it dosnt randomly rescale in max.

has anyone else experianced this?
I experienced this with 3ds max 6. I have never solved it with panda exporter, but with Deep Exploration + 3ds max plugin you can open directly .max files and export them to .x meshes. it works very well and doesn't mess up with anything.
D3DX animation system works with SRTs so if the matrix is not decomposable you can see strange artifacts when the data is loaded.

how can I change that parameter?
I was unaware that SRT (scale, Rotation, translation) was not the standard for this sort of software. Anom, do you know a way around this?

99999999 could you help me get started DE + MAX + *.x
@SquareDanceSteve: It's simple to use DE, you simply open it, load the saved .max file, DE opens automatically an instance of 3ds max that you can't work with and uses it to load the .max file. Then you can "save as" .x file. the exporter is internal and it's very similar to the panda one. with DE you must first install the .3ds plugin (read the help, I don't remember right now)
This is very simple and it's the only method I have figured out to export skinned animations correctly from 3ds max.
I have no tryed the dx9 extentions for 3dsmax, they also have the same issues with random rescaling

999999999 I could not find a demo of deep explorer, and i can not afford it, so that is not an option for me

I atempted to use milk shape to import the mesh and then export it as an x file, i was unable to even get that to work.
I have now tryed PolyTrans which causes the animation controler in directx to crash.

Milkshape's x file exporter crash's during export

Max7 also appears to have the same issues.

I am compleatly shooting in the dark now
Quote:Original post by SquareDanceSteve
Im using max5 with the panda exporter to make my x Files with, but for some strange reason when i export animated mesh's 1 of the limbs is messed up and it flailes around...

Does anyone know what causes this or has anyone else experianced this issue? as you can imagine this makes it very hard to animate a mesh

Tried resetting/freeze xforms before you exported/skinned it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement