Win LIFETIME Member Sponsorship from 3D Buzz.com!!

Started by
4 comments, last by ostamo1 18 years, 7 months ago
http://3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=114360 /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Hey everyone! I’ve come to a revelation about 3D Buzz. I’ve been pushing and fighting to make 3D Buzz successful while still maintaining the free aspect of the site. In all of this, I may have overlooked the single most important thing that made 3D Buzz what it is today: The fun factor of being a part of the community. I want things to go back to the way they used to be back in the older days of 3D Buzz. I want to bring back the fun of being a member of the site! At the same time, I want to push 3D Buzz to a new level, both in terms of membership and what we are able to deliver to the community. We want to grow, and be able to offer more free content to the community, and we think we’ve found a way for you to help! So I’ve devised a couple of new contests to help encourage people to spread the word about who we are and what we do. The first contest is intended to be fun and open to the public, and the second contest is for the more serious user who’s interested in a higher-stakes competition that could change the face of 3D Buzz forever! Contest 1: Most Creative Way to Spread The Word This contest is simple: You come up with the most creative way to spread the word about 3D Buzz, and do it in public. This can really be anything you want; getting 3DBuzz.com onto the signage at your local movie theater, creating a display about our site on a college campus, creating a community mural in your hometown that includes our logo… whatever you can come up with, but make sure you spread the word as best you can! It doesn’t even have to be visual; maybe you’ve got an idea for a commercial, or you’ve written a song about 3D Buzz that could play on a local radio station or perhaps college radio! Perhaps a story about us for your local television news! Who knows? Maybe you can hang a banner for 3D Buzz from the Eiffel Tower… well, that might be illegal, so maybe not. The contest will be judged by the public for whose idea was the most creative and effective, so use your imagination! What’s in it for you? First prize for this contest is 3 months of FREE Member Sponsorship! Second and third places will get 2 months and 1 month, respectively. This is a great way for you to get involved in the community, have some fun, and try for a chance to get in on our exclusive Member Sponsor content! Now, onto the RED TAPE: These are the guidelines we’re putting down to keep ourselves covered, just in case you have “too much fun” with this contest. 1. You must submit a photo or video of your entry. If it’s an audio file, we’ll need to verify that it was somehow exposed to the public. Please send a copy of the actual broadcast. We will be authenticating with the station. 2. Your entry must take place in a public area! Entries that take place where no one can see do not count! 3. We do NOT condone, nor take any responsibility for, any illegal activities by users competing in this contest. We’re not limiting what you do for the contest, but please don’t get yourselves into trouble! 4. All entries will be presented to the public, and winners will be selected through public vote. Ties will be broken by votes from the 3D Buzz staff. The deadline for entries of this contest is September 30, 2005! Get your entries in right away! All entries must be submitted to contests@3dbuzz.com. The subject line must consist of the following: <Your Name>: Contest 1 Contest 2: Take 3D Buzz to the Limelight! This is a high-stake contest only for those who are serious about helping push 3D Buzz to the next level of exposure! Simply put, this contest will be an intense competition to see who can get 3D Buzz into the most mainstream media exposure possible. What do we mean? A story in USAToday, coverage on CNN, an article in Newsweek… anything that will get the company exposed on a multinational or global level. Do you know a guy who knows a guy? Use your connections (or make a few) to get a chance at this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Since the competition is so much more intense, the prize is also much higher. The grand prize for this competition is LIFETIME MEMBER SPONSORSHIP, and a FREE copy of EVERYTHING 3D Buzz has produced through the end of 2005! That’s right, not only will you be a Member Sponsor for the rest of your life, but you’ll also get a free copy ALL of our content produced through December 31, 2005. This includes the Maya Fundamentals Class, our C++ and OpenGL Content, all of our existing VTMs (both free AND Member Sponsor only), and even upcoming releases such as our new Maya Modeling Class, the Agents VTM, and anything else we produce through the end of this year! Second prize for this contest is 6 months of FREE Member Sponsorship, and your choice of any 1 item from our store. Third prize 3 months of free Member Sponsorship! Of course, with higher stakes come much more rigid guidelines. This contest will NOT be as open as the first. To enter, you must be aware of and follow these rules: 1. To be eligible to enter this contest, you must first submit a proposal for your entry. This can be no more than a single page of text or 500 words, whichever comes first. This proposal must be reviewed and approved by the 3D Buzz staff before you are allowed entry into the contest. 2. At no point during this competition are you allowed to spam or harass any member of the media. This only hurts 3D Buzz, and counteracts the entire point of this contest. You are to keep your entries completely professional at all times. Breaching this guideline will result in immediate disqualification. 3. Your entry will be judged based on its effectiveness and how well you are able to stick to your proposal. The effectiveness of your entry will likely be time-sensitive, so be sure to let us know the pertinent date and time for your entry. For example, if you manage to get 3D Buzz mentioned on a large news network, we will need to know the date and time of the broadcast so that we can monitor the site. 4. The judge’s panel will consist of the 3D Buzz staff. 5. The deadline for entries is midnight CST, October 28, 2005. No entries after this point will be accepted. 6. Announcement of winners will take place on November 1, 2005. This contest is a way for you to make a massive impact on the growth of 3D Buzz, as well as assure yourself a permanent source for all your 3D training! So get moving! You don’t have much time! Let’s see where you can take 3D Buzz! All proposals and follow-ups must be submitted to contests@3dbuzz.com. Your subject line must include the following: <Your Name>: Contest 2 – Proposal or <Your Name>: Contest 2 – Follow-up NOTE: Winners of BOTH contests will need to accept a license agreement governing the use of 3D Buzz content before claiming their prizes! I’m very excited about both of these contests, and I’m hoping that they provide a way for the community to have fun while spreading the word about 3D Buzz and helping to push the site to the next level! Good luck to all contestants! BuZZ
Advertisement
Okokokokook I got it!

I'm not about to do this, but I think someone that lives near new orleans should rent a boat, paint 3DBuzz.com on one of the sails and boat through new orleans. While thats happening you can be totally rude and obnoxious to the victims there and charge them to ride your boat if you want. I'm sure you'll get media attention with that. Then the news will complain about how 3dbuzz.com is trying to profit off other people's losses, but at least 3dbuzz.com will get on world news.
This exists
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
There is something I really want to say, but I can't in fear of ban.
i do not think so they are looking for POSITIVE ways to do that

i am listening to the LIVE radio Show right this second

edit...
sorry i did not know i should post this in announcements
maybe someone can move it for me
Well they JUST release MATH vtm's
and pretty soon i heard maybe some free C++ vtm's

their mastering maya class is wonderful and they JUST released some DANG good OPENGL Content

but NOW Jason Busby Does 3dbuzz.com FULL TIME

and check out there Modeling on the Fly and Developers Corner Series

edit...there was a post....where did it go ????

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement