C++ to C

Started by
48 comments, last by MaulingMonkey 18 years, 7 months ago
i feel so stupid..notice how the buffer is the char * c (supposed to be char *d)
my bad
Advertisement
Every language out there can talk to C, and the operating system is written in C. This makes C fundamental.

C++ on the other hand is just some language.
yea...what he said

actually assembler is the base of c and c is the base of all..muhahahaha!

fee the nerd power flow freely
Quote:Perhaps people who think your statement ("it meens that C++ has everything C does") is correct.

Most of the C++ books starts with the statement: "C++ is superSet of C". Its not my imagination.
any help with the wavein code..i just need the basic order of commands...

is it...

waveinopen

loop{
waveinprepareheader
waveinaddbuffer
waveinstart
}

waveinstop
waveinclose

???

any help would be greatly appreciated
c++ has all the commands and rules of c with that extra layer of c++ junk that has spoiled so many

real men program in c
lol

if you cant make it work in c then it sure as hell isnt going to work in c++
Quote:Original post by Teknofreek
Another one is that you have to declare your variables at the top of the function.

Quote:Original post by Oxyacetylene
Correct me if I'm wrong, but one difference is that you have to declare all variables at the beginning of a function.

The latest C standard (C99 IIRC) removes this restriction (thank Gord!).
Quote:Original post by cpp_boy
Quote:Perhaps people who think your statement ("it meens that C++ has everything C does") is correct.

Most of the C++ books starts with the statement: "C++ is superSet of C". Its not my imagination.

Maybe all of YOURS do. All one of them.

C++ does not officially (yet) have variable length arrays (ala int array [ dynamic_variable ];), C99 does. This means that C++ does not have everything C does. This means that the statement "it meens that C++ has everything C does" is wrong.

This means that either all your books are wrong, or the statement "C++ is a super-set of C (it meens that C++ has everything C does)." is wrong about the meaning. Either way, your statement is wrong (either C++ is not a super-set of C or that's not what it means).
Quote:Original post by OrangyTang
The latest C standard (C99 IIRC) removes this restriction (thank Gord!).

However not all compilers implement the C99 standard. Some implement part of it including the mixing of declarations and code mentioned here.

Quote:Original post by MaulingMonkey

C++ does not officially (yet) have variable length arrays (ala int array [ dynamic_variable ];), C99 does. This means that C++ does not have everything C does. This means that the statement "it meens that C++ has everything C does" is wrong.

WRONG. With 'new' operator you can give an array variable lenght !!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement