• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

problems with DOUBLE CLICK in Windows API

This topic is 4527 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have tried to listen to the event WM_LBUTTONDBCLK and it is not working.... does anybody here knows why? i tried with appz that dont use openGL and they work just fine.. i know that this probebly question in microsoft forum but maybe someone here knows the answer

Advertisement
Perhaps the event is being intercepted somewhere else. Can you post your listening code?

Cheers,
- llvllatrix

yea as Matrix said, it's probobly got intercepted before it could count as a doubleclick.
Basicly what i think is happening is that if you click once it will post a click message in the message que.
When the next click comes it checks if there has been a recent click in the message que, if so then change that into a doubleclick.
However most gl apps emty that que 60-100(or more) times a second, leaving little chance of actuarly regestering a doubleclick.

but this is just speculation.
So if you realy need the double click thingey and WM_LBUTTONDBCLK doesn't work, then you have to do it yourself, it shouldn'r be that hard to do.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement