Not related but im in big trouble!

Started by
81 comments, last by willthiswork89 18 years, 7 months ago
i know for sure it works cuz when i plug it in the back the mother board gets a green light on it...so i know the power supply works.
Advertisement
Hey!! Come on ... you can't sell broken CPU to somebody on ebay!!

Use warranty or something but selling broken stuff and saying it's ok is a bad idea!!
he sold it to me didnt he? i think i can sell it too!
Hi.
Just because the PSU gives you a small current(like the one that enables POL and such) you can't be sure that it's working properly. Try it, it won't hurt you, and it might just be your problem.
shorting it out will do what? how will i know that its running? it doesnt give a very good discription of what that will do
By shorting those two pins, the fan in the PSU will start spinning, and it will give currents out on all the pins that need current when your computer is on, like all the IDE/S-ATA powerpins, the four-pin P4 CPU power plug, and a whole bunch of pins in the main MB plug.
Tell the police about it then.

You can't stel from anybody just becouse you ware robed.
It's not only criminal offense (in Poland for sure ;)) .... well
let's say i personaly couldn't do it.
what about harddrives and stuff? wil lthey all start running too? or at least get power...i have a LED in the front that connects to the power supply so by doing that it should like up correct?
Well, if you've got a LED that shows power on status or harddrive activity, those won't light up as they're connected to the motherboard and you will need to disconnect that to try this. However, if you've got a CD/DVD-ROM, the LED on that should light up...
no i mean like bright ass blue LED that lights up the entire front of my case... not by ide light

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement