MFC and Dialog editor

Started by
1 comment, last by MARS_999 18 years, 7 months ago
I am trying to learn MFC. Ugh. I am somewhat ok with using win32 API and am trying to make a level editor. I have a splitter window setup and now see I can't just drag and drop my slider bars ect. from the Dialog editor to the application. So do I have to do all this programatically in MFC? If so why not just use win32 then? thanks
Advertisement
Programmatically you just create splitter, and dragging/resizing it with mouse is built into it's functionality. You can override some methods and take control of mouse drags and clicks. everything is up to you.

here's sample:
http://www.codersource.net/mfc_splitter_window.html

you can find everything using google.

But I prefer doing it myself, since splitter means few different windows, while I prefer one and splitting can be done without recreating of renersystem, reloading resources as well and it can be slow.

But if you use GDI for drawing, it is ok.
Hmm I am referring to things like static text, radio buttons ect for user input. I dont' see this happening without using a dialog box or programming it into the app? So point is wouldn't it just be easier to use win32 instead if I know that better than MFC? Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement