Eclipse won't work...

Started by
18 comments, last by dxFoo 18 years, 7 months ago
Quote:Original post by Sailorstick
Make sure you have at least 2 gig of RAM installed to run Eclipse as well ;)

I'm running it fine on 512MB. ;)
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Sailorstick
Make sure you have at least 2 gig of RAM installed to run Eclipse as well ;)

I'm running it fine on 192MB. :D
{[JohnE, Chief Architect and Senior Programmer, Twilight Dragon Media{[+++{GCC/MinGW}+++{Code::Blocks IDE}+++{wxWidgets Cross-Platform Native UI Framework}+++
When Java is installed to Windows, it is installed in the default path.

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin

According to typing in that arguement & path, it still said it's not found. Due to Program Files having a space in it, it also says "Can't find C:\Program. What is the space character in dos? Every other Java IDE I use has no problem finding it by its default location, so I'm confused.
Progra~1 usually works ('cos DOS had an 8 char limit, so it becomes first 6 + ~1).
I dos I believe you must put quotes around the path, like this: "c:\my documents\", and remember, it's not C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin, it's C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\javaw.exe. So your new path becomes:

c:\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vm "c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin"

if your eclipse path has a space around it too, make sure to use the quotes.
I'm still getting the message:

A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Eclipse. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations: c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin

I checked the folders too and the file is in this path. :(
Oh wow it worked :)

I added javaw.exe at the end of the string, and Eclipse loaded. When I close it, and double click on Eclipse's icon, it won't find the JVM. Is there a way I can change it so it always looks in this path?
Quote:Original post by dxFoo
Oh wow it worked :)

I added javaw.exe at the end of the string, and Eclipse loaded. When I close it, and double click on Eclipse's icon, it won't find the JVM. Is there a way I can change it so it always looks in this path?

Why not create a shortcut to launch Eclipse for you, and in the target field, add the text Kevinator gave you, adding javaw.exe onto the end?
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
That did the trick. Thanks a bunch.
Small side question;

import java.awt.*;import java.applet.*;/* <applet code="JavaApp" width=800 height=600> </applet> */public class JavaApp extends Applet{  // ... 

How come does the IDE ignore my comments above for the width/height? I'm using this.setSize() for now, until someone can help with that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement