Sign in to follow this  
Sleipnir

ftp connection with c++

i beign working with c++ and such and now im looking into connecting to a ftp server and login, and logoff plus trying file transfer but while looking into the text books, gamedev.net, and other places i just foun a way using CInternetSession and GetFtpConnection which it seems hard for me to try, or hard to get working, i tried different things but nothign, so i was wondering is anyone can give me anything to start and get going, some code to look for, what things to do and if posible a code sample or a website to look into

Well, not taking external libraries into account, you could (and should anyway) get yourself acquainted with RFC 959, and then you can use sockets (either Linux sockets or Winsock, depending on your platform), to use FTP.

Otherwise, after a quick google search, the first result is this, which seems interesting. [edit] they use WinInet, which by their own admission is not the best solution. Their commercial library is done like my first suggestion.

[edit2] It probably won't be any easier than CInternetSession/CFtpConnection, by the way. Although I would be delighted to be proven wrong.

jfl.