Check my game out!

Started by
28 comments, last by matthughson 18 years, 7 months ago
I would drop more balls. how many times removed verses the clear board.

Bobby
Game Core
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by BGCJR
I would drop more balls. how many times removed verses the clear board.

Bobby

I was actually originally planning something like that, except the balls would slowly push up from the bottom. It would basically be like a time attack mode: see how long you can survive, and the stones raise faster as time goes on.

I've ended up ditching the game mode though; it's just going to delay things too much right now. I figure I'll get the straight puzzle mode out for now, and if people are digging that, I'll think about releasing an upgrade.

Matt Hughson
__________________________________[ Website ] [ Résumé ] [ [email=contact[at]matthughson[dot]com]Contact[/email] ][ Have I been Helpful? Hook me up! ]
Got a "Critical Error" on my laptop.

P4 2.66GHz
512 MB RAM
Mobility Radeon 7500
WinXP SP2
Runs great on my desktop. over 1300 FPS...

Athlon 64 3200+ (at 2550 MHz)
geForce 6600gt (at 590, 1180)
1GB RAM
Windows XP SP2

Keep up the good work man, it looks amazing!
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Quote:Original post by kingnosis
Got a "Critical Error" on my laptop.

Hey there,

Can you tell me a bit more about the critical error? If my error handling works right, you should be able to open an html page that will say what went wrong. In the same folder as the main exe their should be a folder called "Post Information". In there is a file called "MHResultLog.htm". If you have a second open that up (just double click it; should open in IE or FireFox), and copy and paste the info on a reply to this thread. Thanks a ton!

Matt Hughson
__________________________________[ Website ] [ Résumé ] [ [email=contact[at]matthughson[dot]com]Contact[/email] ][ Have I been Helpful? Hook me up! ]
Hi,

The game is great! No problems on my computer. Just to let you know, it runs on the worst computer that you could have had it tested on.

FPS 81
Pentium 3 600mhz
96 mb ram
128 mb ati radeon 9250
winxp service pack 2

Great Game,
ProgrammingNerd
Nice, though I did notice at one point when I had two rows across the bottom and one up the right side that flipping the counter on the top right followed by the one underneath (then repeat a few times) didn't update the 3rd one down on one occasion - it remained black. Also that mouse is a little fast & I lost it offscreen & had to restart it the first time I played. In windowed mode that is. As said before the normal mouse pointer doesn't reappear when not inside the window

The other bug is that I can't get them all to go black :D but that's my fault..

Fps 341-348
P4 3 GHz
1 GB ram
Geforce 4 Ti 4400
XP SP2

PS - for some reason I think it'd be a neat touch if the counters wobbled a bit before settling down when they're moved. A bit like a spinning coin or a minstrel sweet on a table.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ~Frank Herbert, DuneMy slice of the web
nice game - needs some description of what the hell is going on .
it looks pretty.

why do you have it rotating - nice effect but doesn't make a lot of sense. (and the picking isn't perfect at extreme angles + zoomed out a bit)

the zooming is grand - i like it when its zoomed out a bit.

great game though - hate to sound like i'm looking down on it- its better and more playable ad nicer looking than any of my games.

just trying to help you make it better - great job!
Hey again,

Thanks for all the new feedback guys! I've been working on it quite a bit since that original post, so almost everything you mentioned has been updated/fixed/implemented in the current version.

To clarify again, this isn't a game yet. There is no real game logic or win/lose senerios in this version. But I assure you they will be in there for the actual release (which should be in the next week or so).

Quote:why do you have it rotating - nice effect but doesn't make a lot of sense. (and the picking isn't perfect at extreme angles + zoomed out a bit)

The rotating is part of the eventual game. You can check out a more detailed explaination on the first page of this thread if you're interested.

Thanks again guys, and keep the comments coming! It's helping quite a bit.
Matt Hughson
The game is finished now. I'm looking for peeps to try it out here

Matt Hughson

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement