Sign in to follow this  

Methodologies in software development

This topic is 4486 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I am searching information about methodologies (standards) in software development. I have found several different standards, but I have some doubts to decide what is the best or most used by companies. My list is the following, if you have any suggestion, please, let me know. Merise, SSADM ::: Methodologies Magerit ::: Safety ISO 12207 ::: Software life cycle processes SPICE (ISO 15504) ::: Improvement of software processes Euromethod ::: Terminology Metrica V2.1 y V3 (Spain) Metrica V3 is used in Spain, I think it is a combination of all of them. Do you have interesting information of the rest or some aspects to point out of one of those standards? Also, I would be very pleased if you could let me know of companies that use some of them. What do you suggest me? Many thanks for your help and cooperation.

Um. While not understanding your question fully and not looking up the titles you have mentioned...

I would suggest Code Complete by Microsoft press.
They also have a Secure Code book for practices involving writing secure code.

I was also given another book by Microsoft, but do not have it here with me, but extremely similar to the code complete book.

I highly recommend these books.

This topic is 4486 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.