Sign in to follow this  

[4E4] On Target?

This topic is 4486 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just a quick check to see who is and who isn't on target for the 4E4 deadline? Personally, it's going to be very close and I have a gut feeling that I'll just miss the deadline, but I'm going to give it my best shot! So how about everyone else... anyone almost near completion? Cheers, Steve

I was on schedule, but I got a new job, so now I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the deadline without dropping some features. I'll probably have a better idea of my time commitment after I've been in this job for a week though.

Nope. Though I hope to get a game in that qualifies. I've written enough concept to get all 4 elements in - but I expect I will only have time at this rate to do two... if I'm lucky.

This weekend I can dedicate many hours to it, so I will no better by the end of it where I am. I've got sidetracked in to making a sound framework to integrate nicely with ogre.

Quote:
Original post by skittleo
A little more than two weeks late. I set a game code complete date of August 15th. I should be finishing that this weekend. Then ... game content.

So are you un-grounded then?

I personally think that despite the possibility of missing the deadline, this is still a very good thing, as otherwise I'd probably still be messing around with an empty terrain engine. It's good motivation to get a proper game made!

As with Moe.... perhaps 4E5 will be the deadline I'll hit... but hopefully a little earlier. Anyhoo thanks for the response thus far!

Steve

Well I am proud to say I am almost 2 weeks ahead of schedule now. My schedule doesn not include work at weekends so if I get some mores tuff done today and tomorrow as well as other weekends I'll be flying.

I reckon that I will get the entry deadline but it won't have all the levels planned, I am just trying to get some content done for next week now too.

I now have a friend interested in making maps which means I can do all the coding without worrying about that. Also I am taking advantage of all the great free models and textures I can find, All the creators will get full credit for them.

I am planning on implementing the final part of the physics into the game. Some of the maps my mate has planned would make some cool gameplay if I get the physics right.

Anyway, it's saturday, i'm off for a rest and then pub lol.

Good luck all.

I've had 3 months of 60-80 hour weeks at work. So I am about two months behind schedule - I havn't touched my 4E4 code in about 2 months.

I will however get something done for the contest - I've done enough 48hour Game Dev contests to know that I can get something finished in time :)

I, too, was on target. Then college started. [bawling] And, well, maybe next year (although I'm still going to give it a shot. [smile])

Best of luck to all the competitors. I'm really looking forward to seeing these entries. I think they're going to rock.

I didn't put a proper plan together since I knew I'd have no time to start with.
Still coding core code but have a lot more time now.

We'll get something in which isn't too shoddy I think - I'm really looking forward to seeing Keratin's models in-game since they continue to look great. Sirob's building a scriptable particle engine which I also want to see running in the game. So I'm lucky to have so much to motivate me, as well as the coding being pretty fun so far.

Sign in to follow this