Sign in to follow this  
Skute

IShellFolder::ParseDisplayName with logitech camera

Hi, im having trouble using ParseDisplayName and SHGetFileInfo with my logitech camera. Im trying to create a combo box which mimics the drop down combo box in my computer etc. The code im using is:
HRESULT hr = pDesktop->ParseDisplayName(NULL, NULL, T2OLE(pStringPidl->strNameForParsing.GetBuffer()), NULL, &pidlFull, NULL);
                            if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
                            {
                              nAdded = this->AddString(pStringPidl->strName);
                              this->SetItemDataPtr(nAdded, static_cast<void *>(new CComboBoxDriveListItemData(2, pidlFull)));
                              pMalloc->Free(pidlFull);
                            }

But its failing with, hr = "The system cannot find the file specified." The variable, strNameForParsing = ";;{E211B736-43FD-11D1-9EFB-0000F8757FCD}\devid:{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}\0003:" If you copy and paste "devid:{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}\0003:" into the address bar of my computer, it successfully initialises the camera. But it wont recognise the previous part of the GUID (which is actually the GUID for "Scanners and Cameras". Im trying to use the pidlFull value with SHGetFileInfo so i can get an icon for the camera to display in my combo box. All the other icons work fine, help!! Thanks