• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ignifex

Music for RPG

This topic is 4859 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Wow, these are probably the best pieces of RPG music I've ever seen on these boards, or at least in a long while. They have the perfect RPG theme to them, and are very polished.

Nice job, keep up the excellent work. Keep posting your secrets as well!

:)

Advertisement
Well, it's been a while again since I last posted here.
First of all, thanks again for you compliments. I really appreciate it.
The battle theme has been updated, as I said I would. It is now a bit longer and more polished, especially in dynamics. I have practically rewritten everything, but mainly the drums really changed.
I thought I'd also share some new music. Note that "Under Siege" is something I am currently working on, so it is rather short and stops pretty suddenly. "Ancient war" is an old piece of music I once wrote, still using it's working name. Both are ment as music for an FMV.
I'll put them here and add them above as well:

- Under Siege (FMV war music)
- Ancient War (FMV music, possible for intro)

Edit: Now that I think about it, these last pieces of music, I'm not even sure whether they are going to be in the game. So perhaps I am following your advice, Darren, and began to write music more for the music itself and, something that is very important to me right now, to learn.
Though still I always feel music should have a background, it should be written to accompany something, be it a movie, a game, a play. In my opinion music should be accompanying a story of some kind, to make it come alive through music.

[Edited by - Ignifex on October 29, 2005 4:59:55 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!