Morning's Wrath: Pre-Launch Poll !

Started by
6 comments, last by EDI 18 years, 7 months ago
Greetings Everyone, As some of you may know, our first game, Morning's Wrath, is finally done; and will be availible for purchase online, via download or a physical copy (with a free download as well). I would like to see what everyone is thinking about this, and how we can gear out efforts to best suit our fan-base and intial market (i.e. you!) If you could please answer the following poll it will help us greatly, Thanks for your time!

Morning's Wrath will be availible for purchase October 1, or sooner!

we will be making an offical announcement then =) For the sake of information purposes, Morning's Wrath will be selling in two ways with respective prices: Download Only: cost: $29.95 size: ~130MB Physical: (includes download version for free!) cost: $39.95 + S&H packaging: Standard Black DVD case, Full Color case wrap, Full Color silver face, disc print, Full Color Quick Reference Guide, Shrink Wrapped, Boxed and delivered to your door The Poll: 1. What would you like to see most of on the new Morning's Wrath website: a) Story/Text b) images/video c) music d)pr0n[grin] 2. For character images, would you rather have: a) fixed-view animated(idle) character b) controlable rotatable view, but no idle animation c) an idle animation until you rotate (then no animation until original rotation is set) 3. For the music section of the site: a) a flash music player with full tracks b) raw mp3 files with chosen sections with fadein-fadeout 4. Prefered video format: a) wmv b) mpg c) mov 5. Should the new trailer contain: a) real screenshots and video clips of the game b) mainly the drawn art from the intro cinematic c) both 6. How many pieces of media for each category: a) music: 2, 4, 6, 8 b) screen shots: 4, 8, 16 c) video: 1, 2, 3 d) story: 2, 4, 6, 8 7. Will you be playing the Demo version? a) yes, before I buy the full version b) yes, only the demo though c) no, it's not my kind of game d) maybe 8. Do you intend to purchase Morning's Wrath: a) yes, the download only b) yes, the physical version which includes the download c) no, it is too expensive d) no, it's not my kind of game e) I can't I don't have a credit card! f) undecided 9. If you do intend to purchase Morning's Wrath, when do you think you will: a) Oct1, the moment it comes out! b) a week or two after it comes out c) within 6 months after it's release d) a year or more after e) when I get a credit card! [Edited by - EDI on September 1, 2005 2:53:05 PM]

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Advertisement
1) A
2) A
3) A
4) B
5) C
6) Atleast 2 different things each, except you could do with only 1 video
7) New Option - I might but I may just get the game right away
8) B
9) C
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER OR MY BLOG
1) b
2) don't get it. is this for in-game or for a forum or something?
3) I dislike sites with music
4) mpg
5) b
6) c
7) a
8) f
9) -

How did you decide about the cost? I have absolutely no problem shelling out $30 or $40 for a good game. However your site does very little to justify that kind of spend.

Quote:Original post by smr
2) don't get it. is this for in-game or for a forum or something?

As part of the story section we will have character visuals for the website

3) I dislike sites with music

It is a sub-section, so if you don't want to view it you don't have to =)

How did you decide about the cost? I have absolutely no problem shelling out $30 or $40 for a good game. However your site does very little to justify that kind of spend.

We feel that 29.95 is a fair price for the game, given the amount of content that is in it and the challenges it will provide gamers with.

The higher cost for physical production, is due to us being an indie developer / self-publisher, since we cannot produce copies in large quantities (10,000+ units) we cannot benefit from bulk production savings =/

Of course a 'Good Game' is releative to the player, Morning's Wrath is a Classic Adventure / Action RPG hybrid, so if you are a fan of both genres you will likely enjoy the game a lot.

In current test cases we have found people to be able to beat Morning's Wrath in about a Week+, while playing about 3 to 6 hours a day.

The current website, it a pre-launch site, and has been up for about about a year.

This poll in-fact will be used to insure we focus our efforts on certain aspects of the new site that will benefit the majority of our fan-base.

1. b
2. a
3. b
4. a
5. c
2 music,
8 (really good!) screen shots,
1 video,
I don't really care for story on website, but I could live with 2
7. d
8. f
9. c
Are you planning on releasing a demo version? I'd be inclined to pay your price if I could try it out first. It looks, via your screenshots, that you put a lot of effort into the game and I would like to support an indie dev such as yourself. However, I can go buy a new game from corporate dev houses that are just as good if not better, and I got to download the demo of on fileplanet or 3dgamers.
1 b) images/video
2 a) fixed-view animated(idle) character
3 a) a flash music player with full tracks
4 a) wmv - smaller
5 c) both
6 as much as possible?
7 b) yes, only the demo though - shame I don't "play" games :/
8 d) no, it's not my kind of game - few are (if I did it would be b)

Total congrats on managing to pull this upto completeness
You're an inspiration ;]
total congrats & all the best
_______________________________ ________ _____ ___ __ _`By offloading cognitive load to the computer, programmers are able to design more elegant systems' - Unununium OS regarding Python
Quote:Original post by ArmitageIII87
Are you planning on releasing a demo version? I'd be inclined to pay your price if I could try it out first. It looks, via your screenshots, that you put a lot of effort into the game and I would like to support an indie dev such as yourself. However, I can go buy a new game from corporate dev houses that are just as good if not better, and I got to download the demo of on fileplanet or 3dgamers.

Yes we will have a free demo availible on our website to download, so you can 'try before you buy' =)

We are definetly not trying to compete with large corperate game developers;

our goal is mainly to produce indipendant titles, which, (depending on what you like) are no longer considered to be viable sources of mass income.

For instance, there are _very_ few 'professional' new Classic Adventure style games out there. And if you have played diablo 1 to death, you might enjoy Morning's Wrath, to see what spins we put on the Action RPG genre =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement