• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nullsquared

SDL tutorials

This topic is 4814 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all! I wrote to my book author and he recommended that for graphics I use SDL.... and he said there are many good tutorials out there.... do you know any good ones? Cuz I could find any good ones.... Oh yeah, fyi, I'm using Bloodshed Dev C++.

Advertisement
My Tutorials will help get you started, but you are on your own for setting up the compiler. For that, you may want to consult This.

Good luck, SDL is a lot of fun to play with.

Quote:
Original post by aaroncox1234
Can I post mine too guys? I'm cool, right?

No, you're Canadian. Well, it's prety far up north, so I guess that counts as being cool then.

I'm Canadian, too. he's way cool in my book.

I can vouch for the cornerstone tutorials and a few of the lazyfoo ones, they're excellent learning material and I humbly thank them all for contributing to the community this way.

http://www.libsdl.org/tutorials.php

Haven't looked at many tutorial links, but this link got me started just fine. SDL is pretty simple, so once you can make a basic app, the more complicated things are easy to figure out with just the documentation:

http://www.libsdl.org/cgi/docwiki.cgi/

Documents all the functions for basic SDL and some cool add-ons.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!