• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

My first (playable) SDL Game + Source

This topic is 4525 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi all, 2-3 years ago i started playing around with SDL and made small games. Well i tried to :) i never realy finished them... I didnt do anything in the last 2 Years, but now i want to start again... While searching for Examples on my HD, i found my first (playable) game again and wanted to share the source, before its lost forever. ;-) It uses SDL, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, SDL_ttf. I think it could be useful for someone who wants to start with SDL. The Source is in C++ BUT is not Object Oriented, and its pretty bad programming style. --> spagetti code !! Its a Space invader clone, playable, but far from complete :) Controls: ========= Move: left, right Arrows Fire: Ctrl Shield: Shift (notice the Bar in the lower left Corner) Let me know if it won't compile or what you think of it. Maybe i continue working on it. Just extract the zip file, i included all dll's, so it should run (fullscreen) ---> spaceinvader

Advertisement
That game is pretty cool. I didn't try to compile the source on my machine but I played the game. Keep up the good work.

nice but erm 90 fps at 2.8ghz with a geforce 6600(well youre not using Ogl so that shouldnt matter)? sounds a bit slow to me (had a game with around 200images blit per frame running with 250fps)...

Quote:
Original post by philipptr
nice but erm 90 fps at 2.8ghz with a geforce 6600(well youre not using Ogl so that shouldnt matter)? sounds a bit slow to me (had a game with around 200images blit per frame running with 250fps)...

NVidia cards enable vsync by default on Windows, that way my engine never gets past 60 fps (with a 60hz vsync rate), if I disable it, it can get to 250.

Quote:
Original post by Kwizatz
Quote:
Original post by philipptr

NVidia cards enable vsync by default on Windows, that way my engine never gets past 60 fps (with a 60hz vsync rate), if I disable it, it can get to 250.

i have (and had when it counted the 90 fps) disabled vsync but doesnt that only change the fps when using opengl?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement