• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Memory tracker

This topic is 4558 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings, I'm using Visual Studio 6 to compile my OpenGL program. I've got some basics working now (GUI, primitive objects, etc). I was curious to see how hard I could push it and what kind of frame rates I could get. Once I got up to a cube that consisted of 1.5 million quads, I see that I'm eating up about 185 megs of system memory. This got me worried about memory leaks. What's a good tool/method to track memory to make sure you don't have any massive memory leaks? Working with data sets this large could cause some pretty bad system errors if I make a mistake somewhere. Thanks.

Advertisement
There's a number of these around, and google should be able to provide a more complete list.

I use something called LeakTracer because it's easy to use [though I don't think it works with MSVC].

There are about 10000 different ones out there. I usually just use the plain old debug CRT that comes with studio, but some find this a PITA. The following might be useful to you and should work with VC6.

Visual Leak Detector

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement