• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Material and Light?

This topic is 4615 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I can not render my mesh with the correct materials which can show correctly in the MeshViewer.I try to use lights ,but mesh only have white color.If i do not use lights ,the mesh only have back color . what should i do?

Advertisement
Is your texture in the directory with the X file? If so have you opened the X file with wordpad and checked to make sure that there is a material section referencing your texture file?

I nearly copy the sdk codes to my own application.But it just do not show me the materials.The texture is good.But sometimes i do not want to use the pictures(.bmp,dds etc) to cover my mesh,I just want the color.I edit my mesh in 3dsmax. The mesh is good in the MeshViewer which is shipped with sdk.It also good in Tutorial-application( I change my .x file name into "tiger.x".).But in my application,I set lightingenable false and then everything in the scense become dark.when i set lightingenable true and then everything in the range of light become white........

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement