• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
olberg

PhysFS reads/writes result "access denied"

This topic is 4699 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I tried to make little modifications to TinyXML so it could use PhysFS for reading and writing but I all attempts to read/write result error "access denied". Sounds like Linux problem but I have Windows 2000. What am I doing wrong? Edit: Modified loading code

Advertisement
Now I have set the write dir but still get error from PHYSFS_read. This time "Archive is read-only". Why am I getting this when I am trying to read a file?

Edit: Ok, it seems that this error comes from PHYSFS_setWriteDir but I can't still see why. The directory I'm trying to set write dir is not "read-only".

[Edited by - olberg on September 2, 2005 4:21:00 AM]

I tried setting write directory to NULL this time. Now I think I have found where the problem is.

This part of my code does what it should do:

while(PHYSFS_read( file, buf, sizeof(char), 2048 )>0)
{
data += buf;
}

(data.c_str() returns exactly the file I read)

This...

if(!Parse( data.c_str(), 0, encoding ))
{
LOG("Parsing failed.\nPHYSFS_getLastError: ");
LOG(PHYSFS_getLastError());
LOG("\n");
}

...doesn't give any errors (I assumed from sources that it returns zero on error) but still TiXmlDocument doesn't contain anything.

If I try to load the .xml-file with TiXmlDocument::LoadFile it works perfectly but with my version it doesn't work. I pass the same file to Parse()-function but it doesn't seem to work.

Quote:
Original post by evolutional
Hey cool, I made the same modification a while ago ;)

Can you show how you did it?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!