Help for the Sample framework

Started by
4 comments, last by Raymond_Porter420 18 years, 7 months ago
The DXSDK's sample framwork is useful for its helpful functions! But it is lack of documents. I will be grateful if you give some helps about the docs!
Advertisement
I believe the only documentation most of us have is the SDK itself.

Although it isnt early as good as the SDK one, i did upload a very basic framework to the Showcase. I enforce that it is very simple, but it demonstrates how to get a simple app running.

ace
Thanks!
But I need to know how to use the SDK's Sample framework.
It includes too many functions and constants, I cannot completely catch them!
That, i found, was the problem with the DK one, too complex, overkill on the most part in my opinion.

ace
You don't have to go through every single function of the DXUT to understand how it works. The SDK docs have an article called "DXUT Programming Guide" that explains what most of the important functions do.

The best way to learn it is to read the DXUT Programming Guide and then go to the Sample Browser and install the Simple Project sample. Start reading the code in the functions of the Simple Project and review the relevant parts of the DXUT Programming Guide. The Simple Project sample will give you a basic understanding about how the DXUT works.

Once you understand that, you can install one of the other samples to see how the DXUT is used when an application needs to render something and respond to user input. The BasicHLSL sample (rated as a "beginner" sample) does this pretty well without being very compolicated. The Scripting sample (also rated as a "beginner" sample) shows how to use a first person camera. There's other code in that sample that can be a bit complicated (shadow volumes) but the user input and camera stuff is pretty simple to pick out and use in another project.

neneboricua
the best way to use it imo is to just copy their "empty project" demo and use it from there. The camera classes are convienent and the GUI too but 90% of it is just setup code ( allready set up !! ).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement