• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

SDL_Config 0.3

This topic is 4614 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

SDL_Config is a library designed for reading and writing configuration files in an easy, cross-platform way. Visit its homepage: Download it from SourceForge.
Third version of SDL_Config has been released and it's even badder and better than second one! ;-) Since yesterday, it has been downloaded 56 times, which is sigificant improvement to avarage 1-2-3 downloads per day. What's new / improved in this version:
 - optimizated performance of parsing (CFG_OpenFile) by 21% and saving (CFG_SaveFile) by 6%
 - more options for saving files available (especially, saving file so that it resembles original file)
 - full support for C-like multiline comments /* */
 - at last, pre comments from groups and entries are saved to file!
   Also, if more than 2 single line comments stay together before group / entry,
   all are classified as its pre comment.
 - new test program
 - implemented new functions: CFG_GetSelectedGroupName() and CFG_ClearFile()
 - more liberal parser
 - better documentation, bugfixes etc.
I'm very curious about your feelings / comments about SDL_Config, especially about those things: 1. Is it bloated? You know, 102 kb in config file library (accompanied by many features that other libraries don't have) gave me reasons to worry about it. Is KISS infringed or not? 2. Is there anything what you would want to see in it? What to add / remove / reimplement? 3. What about documentation, anything wrong with it? As you see, english isn't my native language... but there are also other things, ie. it may be too technical. Of course, they are only guidelines... :-)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement