• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

My First Graphics Game

This topic is 4523 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello. I recently purchased a book from this site titled "Beginner's Guide to C++ Game Programming"- It's all pretty easy and straight forward and I like it very much. I am ready to purchase the book "beginner's Guide to OpenGL"?? -i think is what its called. I was wondering how I go about writing graphics in C++. Do I have to installe a OpenGl program? Can i do pictures soley with C++ alone? Do I use BMP files? Is there a way to go about getting pictures in C++ with my Dev-C++ by itself? Thanks for the help- Gila P.S If it is done by itself, what kind of header files do i include in my program etc.?? Thank You

Advertisement
If you take a look at the For Beginners section on this site (there is a link at the bottom of this post) then you should be able to find all the information you need.

Have fun! [grin]

ace

You generally use a graphics API (such as OpenGL or DirectX) to display images and do graphics. You can display images in C++ using the Windows API, or your graphics API.

If you just want to display an image, you can include windows.h and create a Win32 program. This may help you.

Hey there we go. That is what I was looking for window.h. Thank you very much.
I appreciate the helps guys.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement