My First Graphics Game

Started by
2 comments, last by gila kid 18 years, 7 months ago
Hello. I recently purchased a book from this site titled "Beginner's Guide to C++ Game Programming"- It's all pretty easy and straight forward and I like it very much. I am ready to purchase the book "beginner's Guide to OpenGL"?? -i think is what its called. I was wondering how I go about writing graphics in C++. Do I have to installe a OpenGl program? Can i do pictures soley with C++ alone? Do I use BMP files? Is there a way to go about getting pictures in C++ with my Dev-C++ by itself? Thanks for the help- Gila P.S If it is done by itself, what kind of header files do i include in my program etc.?? Thank You
Advertisement
If you take a look at the For Beginners section on this site (there is a link at the bottom of this post) then you should be able to find all the information you need.

Have fun! [grin]

ace
You generally use a graphics API (such as OpenGL or DirectX) to display images and do graphics. You can display images in C++ using the Windows API, or your graphics API.

If you just want to display an image, you can include windows.h and create a Win32 program. This may help you.
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- the fear of big words
Hey there we go. That is what I was looking for window.h. Thank you very much.
I appreciate the helps guys.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement