• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Which IDE?

This topic is 4612 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
If you can afford it, I would definately switch to one of the recent MSVC IDEs, such as .NET 2003. You may want to wait until the MSVC .NET 2005 package comes out though.

You know, you won't be better using another IDE. Of course a very good IDE is very usefull but you are the programmer, not the IDE ;)

Btw, I'm using MSVC since a lot of time and i like this IDE, only problem, cost $$$

So if you want to write a commercial game, you better buy the real one.

I used to use Borland C++ Builder and liked some of the features, but now I feel Visual Studio is somewhat better. Currently I use Visual Studio most of the time for C++ and C#, and the SciTE editor that comes with the Windows distrobution of Ruby for just about everything else (including Ruby, XML, javascript, XSL, SQL, INI files, and occasionally even C# and C++ - no need to open a big idea just to modify a single algorithm or type up an example for a gamedev post).

Borland, you tend to have incessant compatibility problems for the rest of your life. CodeBlocks can compile with the VC Toolkit, or MinGW, or Borland for that matter, so you're usually set for life.

[Edited by - Promit on September 2, 2005 10:01:19 PM]

Quote:
Original post by C plus noob
BloodShed all the way baby! in my opinion best and easiest to use IDE

-----------

Yea I like Bloodshed's compiler too!! Until Microsoft's Visual C++ 2005 comes out this fall, I see no reason to switch to any other compiler. If you like the compiler you have right now, why change it?

-----------

Oh yea, can you guys give me some positive feedback if I helped you. Some people in the forums have been really mean to me lately and lowered my rating big time. This is unfair! I'm an average guy being mistreated in the forums.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement