• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Pinnacle of my QBASIC career - A Game

This topic is 4519 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello :) Well I'm still in highschool and we had to do a major project which is something like 40% of our mark for that course, unfortunantely it had to be done in QBASIC. This game took me about 6 hours to create in class and I'd just like to share it all with you. It's pretty much just a space invaders clone. Right Click, Save As Here - To open in QBASIC just goto open and up the top where it says *.BAS change it to *.TXT then goto the directory you downloaded the program to and Press Shift+F5 Keys: UP = W DOWN = S LEFT = A RIGHT = D SHOOT = Space QUIT = Escape Was a pretty interesting thing to create because I hadn't really combined all of my skills to make something half decent. At home I'm learning C++ so I'm going to perhaps port this to SDL. Hope you enjoy. Jemburula

Advertisement
Cool, I remember programming in QBasic back in the day. By the time I we got to it in high school I already knew more than we were ever going to learn. Good times.

I don't have a qbasic interpreter on this machine though, but looking at the code i can see that it's a lot more advanced than anything i ever did with the language.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement