Where is the international disaster appeal for Katrina?

Started by
49 comments, last by Frank Henry 18 years, 7 months ago
Quote:Original post by Boris Karloff
Perhaps people got ticked off that, after their offers for help and support, they were thanked by being ignored politically and getting shanghaied in a you're-with-us-or-against-us war game?

That's probably part of it. The US has managed to seriously stain their public image since 9/11. But no, I'm still sure there would be plenty of donations and charity *if Bush would actually take it*
Advertisement
Polictical bullshit aside - humans are humans and all require food and shelter!

Languages; C, Java. Platforms: Android, Oculus Go, ZX Spectrum, Megadrive.

Quote:Original post by Boris Karloff
Quote:Original post by random_thinker
You know, after September 11th, there was a lot of international offers for help and support. What is the difference now?

Perhaps people got ticked off that, after their offers for help and support, they were thanked by being ignored politically and getting shanghaied in a you're-with-us-or-against-us war game?

hit the nail on the head
"It's better to regret something you've done than to regret something you haven't done."
Quote:Original post by Anri
Polictical bullshit aside - humans are humans and all require food and shelter!

Which the US has exorbitant amounts of. And has been offered AND has accepted from dozens of countries. The point?
Nein heer du smign. ah open up the nine im heer du shmine
Re: Boris Karloff.

Which countries? They haven't mentioned that on the news - its just "America this - America that"...

Canada, Britain, Australia, Japan, Germany, France, The Netherlands and Sri Lanka, to name a few.

Turn the news on again. Maybe you'll see Condoleezza Rice's speech in which she names and thanks a long list of countries that have offered aid.
Typical - I've just checked three different news channels and they're still churning out the same news as half-an-hour ago. I'll take your word for it though. ^_^

Hmm, I saw this news about a day ago. What news are you watching?
Re: Boris Karloff.

I've got the BBC, ITV and Sky news channels. On Digital. Oh, and Sky sports news! ^_^

Hmm. Tune into CNN, perhaps. Hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement