• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

C++ class and pointer help

This topic is 4616 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was trying to follow some tutorials from ARPON's "gl_bouundingbox" tutorials in win32 app environments. Apron's website : http://www.morrowland.com/apron/tut_gl.php I want to create a new class...so i do insert->New Class-> type in names but it seems not getting the same effect as the tutorials.... I also want create a pointer that can access the Class for example, I have a class called //////////////// CCamera /////////////// and in my Name.cpp in the global variables part I add //////////////// CCamera objectCamera; //////////////// so when i use that pointer, i just do /////////////// objectCamera.x += 1; //for example /////////////// is there something wrong? or ther are something wrong when i insert the new class? also when i add a public member variable in a class, I type "tVector" as the variable type and whatever names in the names. but it has error, why? it saids like missing storage type or something.... thanks alot [Edited by - muimui1911 on September 3, 2005 12:39:11 PM]

Advertisement
well, one thing i see is first, what you showed above is not a pointer

also, your object is supposed to be of type CCamera??

if so then

in the global variables part I add
////////////////
CObject objectCamera;
////////////////

that is wrong it should be

in the global variables part I add
////////////////
CCamera objectCamera;
////////////////

Guest Anonymous Poster
CCamera objectCamera; <