Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sirGustav

lua_open cause crash in debug build

This topic is 4825 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Note: I have searched, but I didn't found any useful info. If anyone got any resources on this I would appreciate a link(to it)... I call lua_open(); and it crashes (in debug build only). It works as expected in Release. Changing run-time library to from Debug multithreaded DLL to multithreaded DLL removes the crash, but it feels like a hack, rather than fixing the problem. I link to either a debug or a release version(using only one or the other doesn't help - the problem still exist, and only in debug). The debug lib uses Debug multithreaded DLL, and the release Multithreaded DLL. Before the call to lua_open, I init SDL, OpenGL and DevIL. Doing a console app, that simply init and exit lua doesn't crash in debug, however it is a console app and not a windows one... Lua version: 5.0.2 Compiler: MsVC++ 6.0 SP6 I got the lua-build project from here. I only made it use (debug) multihread DLL. Callstack:
Quote:
NTDLL! 7c901230() NTDLL! 7c96cd80() NTDLL! 7c960af8() KERNEL32! 7c85e7af() _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(const void * 0x003ebb30) line 1697 _free_dbg_lk(void * 0x003ebb30, int 1) line 1044 + 9 bytes _free_dbg(void * 0x003ebb30, int 1) line 1001 + 13 bytes free(void * 0x003ebb30) line 956 + 11 bytes BKGAMEWIN! luaM_realloc + 30 bytes BKGAMEWIN! luaS_resize + 139 bytes BKGAMEWIN! luaS_newlstr + 268 bytes BKGAMEWIN! luaS_newlstr + 117 bytes BKGAMEWIN! luaX_init + 37 bytes BKGAMEWIN! lua_open + 320 bytes BKGAMEWIN! luaD_rawrunprotected + 58 bytes BKGAMEWIN! lua_open + 64 bytes Lua::initLua() line 26 + 5 bytes Game::gameLoop() line 129 mainLoop(Log & {...}) line 82 SDL_main(int 1, char * * 0x0012fee0) line 93 + 12 bytes BKGAMEWIN! main + 217 bytes BKGAMEWIN! WinMain@16 + 460 bytes WinMainCRTStartup() line 330 + 54 bytes KERNEL32! 7c816d4f()
* I'm probably too tired to spot the stupid error I'm making :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!