• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Retail Build

This topic is 4523 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Yup you read right and I feel like a moron for asking this but I can't figure it out. Im using Visual Studio .net2003 and DX SDK April2005 Update... But I'm making debug builds, and I want to be able to test it out on other people's machines: someone please make me feel stupid? :-P

Advertisement
What exactly do you mean? If you simply want to test on another person's machine, a debug build will do just fine. If you want to make a release build, then that's possible too. There's a dropdown list in the standard toolbar that currently says "Debug". Simple select "Release" from that. For DirectX, the debug/retail selection is not controlled by your program but by the DirectX control panel applet. It has no influence on the building of your program.

I know how to do the win32 debug/release builds, but doesnt it apply to D3D as well? I was having problems with people not having the d3dx9_25.dll file...but I've read that that's just microsoft being weird and I've downloaded the installers for them.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement